Thursday, November 13, 2008

Back on the Wagon...

So...it has been awhile since my last post which isn't really good if you are trying to start a blog. I am so busy reading everyone elses blogs that I forget that I have my own. Today...I am getting back on the wagon! I just got home from my last vacation of the year (ATL) and so I don't have any more excuses. I was able to stay with Melanie while I was visiting which motivated me too.

After all of my eating, drinking, snacking in ATL I knew I had to get my butt to the gym this week. I have done well thus far by going to Cardioboxing on Monday, running on Tuesday and cardio/weights last night. I started off with 20 minutes of cardio...see the specs below:

Treadmill - Time/Speed
1) 0-3:00 - 4.0
2) 3:00-6:00 - 6.0
3) 6:00-6:30 - 8.0
4) 6:30-7:30 - 6.5
5) 7:30-10:30 Repeat steps 3 and 4 twice
6) 10:30-11:30 - 7.0
7) 11:30-12:30 - 6.5
8) 12:30-16:30 - Repeat steps 6 and 7 twice
9) 16:30-18:30 - 7.5
10) 18:30-20:00 - 6.5

Total Distance: 2.1 miles. This is one of my favorite warm-ups. You are constantly changing the speeds so it's not as boring.

Then I hit the weight room afterward to work on my arms. Gosh...I sound like a gym meat head or something...haha. I found some arm exercises in Self Magazine called "Sexy Arm Shape-Up". Supposedly Madonna's trainer uses these exercises and swears that I will have sexy arms if I do these exercises 3 times a week. We will see if it actually works. I did 3 sets of each one of these exercises.

12 reps Machine Chest Press - 24lbs
12 push-ups
12 reps Chest Press with dumbells - 12 lbs each hand
15 reps "bowling throw" - 7 lbs each hand
15 reps "Double Pull" - 6lbs each hand
15 reps of Hammer Curls - 5lbs each hand
12 reps "Victory Sign" - 5lbs each hand (I felt like an idiot doing this in front of everyone!)
12 reps Tricep Kickbacks - 6lbs each hand
12 reps Tricep Pulldowns - 5lbs each hand

You can go to to the Self website and check it out yourself. Below is the link:
http://www.self.com/fitness/workouts/2008/11/sculpt-a-list-arms-fast

Then I just did some ab work. Overall it was a nice Wednesday work out. I am not going to be able to make it to the gym tonight because I making dinner for my church community group. That should be interesting...

I might try and fit a quick yoga video in once I am home if I have time. I am not a huge fan of yoga but I keep trying it out hoping that one day I will have a "zen" moment or something. More tomorrow!

srh

1 comment:

Sarah and Melanie said...

I like the interval training! I am impressed =)