Friday, November 14, 2008

What did I tell ya....

...I promised that I would continue to post on a daily basis! I don't have much to report since I didn't get a workout in yesterday...bummer. I thought I might have time to do a quick yoga session at home but I had issues with cooking dinner. I planned on making Rachel Rays Whole Wheat Skillet Lasagna for my church community group.

http://www.lesliesansonevideos.com/#beginners%20ls

I thought I had all the ingredients and I was all set to make this quick and easy "30-Minute Meal". Fat chance...more like "1 Hour Minute Meal". I got home and realized I didn't have all the ingredients so I had to run back to the store during the middle of cooking. I swear I have lost my mind sometimes. I followed the recipe but made it with 2 extra servings. I am not sure if that is what messed me up or what happened, but it turned out really liquidity (very professional cooking term). I ended up pouring out a lot of the beef stock that I added which meant pouring out a lot of the flavor. Oh well! The group said it was good and c'mon...free meal for them!

Knowing that I wasn't going to have time for exercise tonight, I woke up this morning and attempted to go to the gym. Yep, I made it as far as the bathroom. There was no way I was going out in the cold rainy weather. Instead, I opted to try a workout video in the family room on On Demand. My co-worker told me about these On Demand work out videos from Fitness TV. Most of them are really short blurps but some have 30 minute workouts. Pretty cool. I decided to try a "walking video" from Leslie Sansone. My roommate does these all the time and swears by them. At first, I didn't get what the hell it was and how you could do a walk and watch the video in your family room without a treadmill. But according to Leslie Sansone you can "Walk Away the Pounds" in your very own living room! Check it out...

http://www.lesliesansonevideos.com/#beginners%20ls

Now, I am not trying to walk away any pounds...I just wanted to get my heart rate up a little so I could get energized for the day. After about 3 minutes of the video...I realized my heart rate was going no where. I think the video was meant for "older women". I basically walked in place in my family room for 30 minutes and looked like a moron in front of my neighbors. I ended up picking up some weights to add a little difficulty to the workout. I broke a small sweat but nothing like I wanted. At least I got a little activity in for the day.

I am taking it back Old School tonight and heading to the Smashing Pumpkins concert. The tickets were free and I am not one to turn down free anything! I am hoping to take it easy tonight on the booze so I can get up early and go for a nice long run. Here's to hoping...

No comments: