Saturday, January 31, 2009

Lost

So I have been slacking on the blogging, but thankfully not on the running. I have been doing my long runs on the weekend, and trying my best to run/workout during the week, but not as much as I'd like. I have to thank Sarah, who came down and visited MLK weekend, for jump starting my long runs and getting me out to the cold weather. Before that, I was master of the treadmill and determined not to run in the cold weather, which I consider anything less than 45 degrees. I have discovered that with the right clothes and (yea!) accessories, it's not that bad. The only things I have bought for my self recently are mittens (which I found at Target for $1.04, sweet!), earwarmers, and a dryfit jacket (on sale =). That's when you know you've got the bug. Anyway.

Today I ran with my good friend, Bill. Well actually, Dom's best friend Bill, and I have stolen him. We ran with a running group that West Stride has to train for the ING. 8:00 on a Saturday is not my ideal time to run, but I would be up anyway with Anthony, so it's not that big of a deal anymore. It's just cold. So we're running with the group, and Bill is nice enough to slow down to keep pace with me. Right now my pace is about 11:15 a mile. And we lose the pack. Someone's gotta be the caboose! Luckily they have printed directions, so no problemo, right? Guess again. We got so lost, and our 6 mile run turned into 7.5. All of the roads intersected and it was really confusing-even though I drive these streets all the time. Did I mention it was really hilly? So, all in all, I am pretty proud of myself. Especially because I have had to stop and walk a few times in my previous runs, but I ran the whole thing today. Here's to getting lost!

No comments: