Sunday, November 30, 2008

Ahh...Thanksgiving

What a week. My in-laws were here for the entire week and just left this morning, along with my hubby's friend, Ralph. Needless to say, I had little motivation for anything except eating, um..drinking, and shopping for a Christmas tree! I did manage to make it to the gym twice, and didn't gain any weight this week! Talk about a miracle.
I also had...gulp...my body fat percent read this week. Now why in the world would I pick to do this THIS week? Between eating lunch out everyday, and delicious home cooking from my MIL...yep, I must be crazy. So I took to being poked and prodded, lifting up my shirt, and straining to get my pant leg up to measure my thigh...trying to keep it G-rated! Not exactly comfortable showing this amount of skin without being near a pool or three sheets to the wind (um...bachelorette party, what?) but alas, that is another story my friends. My goal now is to be 15% in one month. We'll see what happens.
This week, I mainly lifted, upper body one day and lower the next time. It was hard enough to get in the gym at all, so I'm satisfied. I'm going to have to do some at home workouts this week-I'm working an extra day, and the hubby is traveling 4 days, but my goal this week is to have at least one good run, and go to the gym 2 days.

P.S. Anthony survived a whole hour in daycare last week, allowing Mommy to do spin! It was frickin' sweet =) Ah...the little things in life.

No comments: