Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Spin Again

Today I had my last training session with my trainer, and also attempted my first spin class since last summer. (I can remember it perfectly...I was suffering from major morning sickness, and the instructor asked me after class if I was hungover...at least with hungoverness, I would have felt better the next day. So that was the end of that. But now, different gym, different instructor.) It was great, I have forgotten how much I like spin! I love the music and like having someone else take the reigns to make sure I get a great workout. Pretty much easiest way to be lazy with cardio. LOL.

So I worked out first (upper body) and did some exercises I have never done before-I think they are called Arnolds? And they are killers. Basically you start with the weights touching in front of your face and then twist your hands as you raise them to touch again above your head so your hands are facing out. If that makes sense. Either way they are killers. After that, I am walking past the spin room and realize that a class is starting. Take a peak at the baby, resting on the shoulder of one of the day care girls, and then jump into spin. The back row, nonetheless, but still. I keep an eye on the daycare area to make sure no one is trying to find me. And I make it 25 minutes. Supposedly, he started crying right after spin started. Aside from a little mother's guilt at having my baby upset so that I can get a little exercise, I feel like it was a success.

I think with my halfsie training, I am going to do alot of crosstraining. Still running 3 or 4 times a week, but also doing spin, and weight work outs. If I run more than that, my knees can't take it. I'll try to post my training schedule from my last (and only) halfsie next week. I will probably follow that same training pretty closely. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I also did my speed workout again over the weekend. I meant to workout Sunday, but I got sucked into football and pizza, yum. Plus, it was cold. Sad how influenced I am about the weather. My in-laws will be here for a week starting on Saturday, so I am hoping to work out more next week. But Anthony will still be keeping up with his bootcamp! Our goal now is twice a week =)

No comments: